This Mexican inspired one-pot dish is great for a mid-week family meal. It takes less than 20 minutes and uses mostly store cupboard ingredients.
This meal is vegan with plenty of protein coming from the quinoa and black beans. And even if you aren't vegetarian or vegan, try it a meat-free Monday meal.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4*)
1 tsp Coconut oil
2 clove garlic, minced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
500ml Organic Vegetable stock
240g or 1 tin Black beans, drained and rinsed
250g or 1 tin Chopped tomatoes
100g sweetcorn, tinned or frozen
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
Sea salt and pepper
1 avocado, diced
Juice of 1 lime
Handful of chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in large pan over a medium heat
2. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in the quinoa and toast for 30 seconds
4. Add the vegetable stock, beans, tomatoes, sweetcorn, chilli powder and cumin
5. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste
6. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked
7. Stir in the avocado, lime juice and coriander.
8. Serve immediately.
*Just halve the quantities if you would like to make this for 2.